I know, I know - I haven't been keeping up to date on my blog posts. I've been doing a bit more seeing this week than writing about what I've seen. The past week has been full of personalized tours: Katie took me to the University of Edinburgh (both the old campus and the new one where she works) and Bob took me around to some of the lesser known sights in Edinburgh, including the Royal College of Surgeons Museum. There will be pictures and stories to follow as soon I as I have a moment to get them posted.
There is a lot on the agenda for the next several days as well. Tonight, Katie and I will be heading out to dinner and the Edinburgh Literary Pub tour. And next week, I will be heading to the Highlands for a day to take in Glencoe and Loch Ness and meeting with Kristin Cook, a doctoral student at the University and fellow Jefferson aficionado. For now, we're hanging out at Katie's flat, watching some TV, playing on our laptops and eating a delicious box of chocolates Katie brought home from Morrison's.
Minutes ago, I was talked into trying Irn-Bru, a Scottish soft drink famed for its unique flavor and astronomically high sugar content. It is also known for its alleged curative powers for hangovers and is more popular in Scotland than Coca-Cola. Bob told me it was a must-try during my visit and assured me that it was "EVIL". This much hyped introduction lead me to wonder what exactly I was getting myself into, but game to try something new, I cracked open the can and took a sip. Katie documented the event in the pictures above - I'm not sure I was immediately taken by its bubble-gummy flavor. Maybe it's an acquired taste?
P.S. Yes, I'm wearing a wool sweater and hat - it's THAT COLD!
1 comment:
That's a hell of a face in the second pic! LOL
Post a Comment