Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"I'm Three": An Interview with Christopher

   
     The birthday boy was slightly reluctant to sit down for an interview. "I need to concentrate on my truck first," he told me with a determined look in his blue eyes. "I need you to hold this scoop" he said as he placed a toy shovel in my hands. Hopeful for some insight I persisted. "If I help you work, can I ask you some questions?" He was firm. "No. Soon. I need to finish this job first."

     After a few minutes, he sat down on the carpet and was ready to take my questions. He looked relaxed in his firetruck pajamas as he toyed with a blue plastic drill set.

How old are you? Three.
What makes you happy? Trucks.
What is your favorite animal? Bees.
What is your favorite food? Cake.
What is your favorite TV show? Mighty Machines.
What is your favorite toy? Crane truck with bucket.
What do you like to do? Play garbage trucks, fire trucks and cars.
What is your favorite color? Green.
What is your favorite song? The Garbage Truck Comes (an original and ever evolving composition).
Who is your best friend? Nicholas.
What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? (taps interviewer's nose) Take care of her. 
What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Have fun. Play dinosaurs and dragons.
Where is your favorite place to go? Playground.
What is your favorite book? Dinotrux
What do you want to do when you grow up? Be tall and drive a little car.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

This is too precious! Of course my heart melts over his best friend comment :). I love how seriously he takes his work--he has always been so focused!!

Anna blue said...

he sure has grown up a lot since I had the pleasure of see him last!