The Crowne Plaza Beijing served as a comfortable home base during our visit to China. When we arrived from Peking Airport after a long day of flights and layovers, the pillowy down comforter, plush white robes and terry slippers were a welcome sight. I squealed at the size of the bathroom, and although I never got a chance to soak in the terrific tub, I partook of the luxurious lotions and loofah from the toiletries basket. From our window we could enjoy an atrium view into the hotel lobby where I made a "Santa sighting" in one of the glass elevators (see previous post). Though much of our time was spent out and about seeing the city and surrounding area, we spent pleasurable time in the hotel plotting our daily itineraries, sampling Cantonese cuisine, and reading and partaking of Chinese tea service in the atrium lobby. The experience Matt and I both enjoyed most at the hotel was closing each evening with a recap of the days events over wine and a cigar at the champagne and cigar bar. Over the next few days, I will be revisiting our trip again for you and sharing some of the images we captured along the way - stay tuned for stories and pictures that will hopefully give you a peek into Beijing and Chinese culture.
A commonplace book of thoughts and experiences in marriage, mommyhood, travel and life at our new home in Sicily. I feel blessed to be on this adventure and would like to share it with you.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Our Home on Wangfujing Dajie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would have squeeled at the bathroom too!
i'm just squeeling at the picture :)
Post a Comment